Do you sleep or sweat in a skirt?




January 1st, 2013 marks the beginning of a very very exciting project in our lives: the dress dare. Monica and I are wearing dresses
every
single
day 
for a year 
which is going to be fabulous and challenging and life-changing and difficult and fun and .... the list goes on and on. We plan to keep a running diary of life events in the dresses (some may call that a blog but diary just sounds so much more girly and "dressy," don't you think?). We will be plenty busy once the year actually begins
but in the mean time
we are short on supplies!

You see, I have never [to my knowledge] worked out in a skirt before. I was a cheerleader in Junior High for a bit but that's the extent of my skirted aerobics. Any recommendations? Anyone out there in blogland run/workout/exercise in skirts or skorts? Where do you get them [cheap]? 

And, of course, night gowns. I have Ahh single night shirt that almost comes half way down to my knees but I'm dreaming of those flowy white or pink frilly lacy things in which Victorian ladies would have been mortified to be caught wondering the halls at night by a dashing roguish gentleman. Anybody rock night gowns? Again, from where? And again, cheapness over quality here, people!

I do believe another photoshoot is in the works. So much fun! Keep you posted, peaches!

xo
Sarah :: Your Plucky Picaroon

ps. If you're interested in learning more about the dress dare project and/or how you can be involved or participate, drop us a line at thegirls@thedressdare.com. ♥

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

6 comments:

  1. 'skirted aerobics' - LOL.

    this is so cool - a whole year in dresses! i don't think i could do it... i'm too partial to my skinny jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! That sounds so hard! I think I have enough dresses to last a couple months, but man... props to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds sooo hard!! I've thought about doing a MONTH of skirts/dresses. Can't wait to follow along in January. Good luck, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a workout skort I love that I got from Target. It's even got a little pocket on the inside for my keys! And do men's shirts count as nightgowns? That's my favorite thing to sleep in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea! Love that website! Those photos are gorgeous. Well done, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seriously thinking about joining you guys because this idea sounds so cool. But I'd probably have to be able to wear skinnies under dresses too because in mid-winter I'd freeze with bare or legging-clad legs. I don't know if that's breaking the rules too much.

    ReplyDelete