confessions


I confess that they FINALLY credited me back the exorbitant amount wrongly debited from my checking account.

I confess that I'm a bit nervous about our upcoming 13-hour-road-trip with a dog in tow. She's a good traveller but that's quite a big favor we're asking her.

I confess I haven't seen any of the premieres of Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, or How to Get Away with Murder and I am uncomfortable with what this says about my life priorities.

I confess that this song randomly popped into my head yesterday afternoon and now I need you to listen and remember with me.

I confess that I've been surfing the web nonstop, looking at wedding dresses. My tastes so far are "beachy" and "expensive."

I confess that, in the midst of all my first-world-ing, I am aching and moved and researching ways to support the refugees in Europe and/or be a part of change in the global community. Like a typical, middle class, 20-something American, sometimes the focus on what's really happening in the world is missing in my perspective. While I am somewhat ashamed to admit it, I've been most compelled lately by the Humans of New York posts. It is unbelievable that the stories these people are sharing are happening in this day and age. Unbelievable. Inconceivable. What can we do?


Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

12 comments:

  1. Hehe, I think every girl's taste in wedding dresses is "expensive." :) Also, I'm glad they gave you your money back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I bet you're absolutely right about all our tastes in that department! haha!

      Delete
  2. Whew, I get overwhelmed so quickly by all of the major things happening in the world. Sometimes I think if I can make anything a little bit better, then that makes things a little bit better. Though I definitely wish it was easier to feel like I could affect change abroad without having the ability to just pick up and go change the world. You know? So hard. : / Beachy and Expensive doesn't sound too too bad... ;) I'm sure your trip will be great! :) But dang, 13 hours! 12 is by far our limit for a day... 8 or 9 is pretty comfortable... but any more than that and I'm not to happy of a camper anymore.. haha XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely know the feeling. It helps that I work for an educational nonprofit in our community so I feel like I'm working toward the common good every day, but I still get overwhelmed. And we're definitely planning to split the drive up into multiple days! Unless we feel feisty, in which case I guess we'll just go for it!

      Delete
  3. I know that ache of feeling so helpless and so selfishly fortunate in the midst of so much suffering. Just saying this to commiserate; unfortunately I have no advice. And I'll also agree that the HONY posts have been really moving—no shame in that. It's one of the few opportunities we have to hear the real stories directly from the people living this nightmare. Very powerful.
    But on a lighter note... I'll never forgive you for putting that song into my head! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my shame comes mostly from the fact that it's taken this sort of cichey photo blog to bring it home to me on a real level that these news stories I hear are about PEOPLE - kids and wives and dads and more kids. Definitely sending them all of the love and light in my heart.

      Also, you're very welcome. ;)

      Delete
  4. That ache you're talking about has been such a heavy stone in my heart. HONY has truly been doing an amazing job at shining light on the whole thing -- and I hope so so many more people are seeing it and trying to do what they can too. I have some amazing friends in Houston who have refugee helping groups and since I can't physically be there, I just try to donate what I can (whether it's money or toys for the children) so that they can put it towards those who need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you are supporting their work! I would love to learn more about the organizations and work they do. Shoot me an email? sarah@pluckyinlove.com
      Thank you for doing your part to make a difference in others' lives! If we all do a little, we can make a lot happen.

      Delete
  5. YOU, BEING HONEST IS THE BEST! ;) hihihi! Can I borrow this concept and include this confession section in my blog? :) This is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hello! I think it would awesome if you wrote out your confessions!! I have to give credit where credit is due, though. Melissa at making-melissa.blogspot.com is my go-to girl for Wednesday's Confessions. You should check out some of her older posts! ♥

      Delete
  6. You need to watch Scandal and Grey's! I missed the first season of How to Get Away with Murder so I have no opinion on that. But I love my Olivia Pope and Merideth Grey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally watched Grey's last night! And then I missed it again tonight!!! UGH! #struggles And I'm still in Netflix seasons of Scandal and I want to get caught up, like, yesterday. Ahhh! So. Good.

      Delete