7 things to do TODAY because, Hello, it's October!


IT'S OFFICIALLY FALL! Sure, the equinox in September is the scientific marker, but in our heart of hearts, October 1st is the actual day that bonfires, flannels, pumpkins, and the first frost come back into our lives. I'm really getting into the fall spirit this year, so I've put together a one day bucket list to ring in this October 1st properly. Are you up to this challenge?!

October 1st To Do List

Watch a football game
There's just something about football games in the fall, right? You're all bundled up. You get hot cocoa from the concession stand. You're watching your hometown heroes or college team or maybe even the professionals get 1st-in-10's. It's awesome. Or maybe you're in the comfort of your own home, wearing long johns and fuzzy socks. It still counts! Fall is for Football.

Bust the long sleeves out of storage
Finally, FINALLY, we get to wear that cute jacket we found on sale at Target last season. Pull those plastic tubs out from under the bed and restock your closet with warm socks, cute boots, giant sweaters. YES!

Two words: Crock-pot. Chili.
Well, actually, crock-pot anything! I've made two batches of this "skinny" buffalo chicken dip in the last week and it's pretty much the best thing ever. And today, I want chili. It's ridiculously easy to make in the slow cooker, so it would be shame not to, really.

Pumpkin Crafting
This October is the October that pumpkins actually get painted/carved/displayed on our front stoop. In fact, this bearded science guy I am marrying know has a pretty fun oozing pumpkin experiment that any kids/at heart in your life NEED to try this year!


Binge on all things Gilmore Girls
Since Alyssa first mentioned how perfectly fall and Stars Hollow go together, I can't stop thinking about it. I definitely owe my coffee obsession to the GG's, but who can forget the Autumn Festival’s Cornucopia Can Drive??

Burn that mulled cider/baked apple/cinnamon/crushed leaves candle
This doesn't really need an annotation.

Stock up on Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer
Okay, so maybe it's artificial pumpkin flavoring AND it's full of sugar and bad fats BUT IT'S SO GOOD. As much as I'd love to get a PSL from Starbucks every day this month, my pocket book says that just ain't gonna happen. So, being as basic as basic can be, I've got my pumpkin flavored creamer on the top shelf of the refrigerator door for easy access. #GetYouSome


This is legitimately a list of things I'm going to do today. What about you? Do you have special plans to ring in October in style?! I'd love to hear about them in the comments below. ♥

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

23 comments:

  1. YAS. I love me a good fall bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because we just became new blog besties you don't know this about me, but I frickin HATE sleeves! Actually, ok... that's not exactly true. I hate the expectation of sleeves. You know, those stuffy old people who say to be professional you have to wear sleeves? Anyway, that's a rant for a different post. :)

    Chili >> yes, Gilmore Girls >> hell yes, delicious candles >> more than yes, pumpkin crafting >> absolutely no, do some crafts and send them my way? I'm just not that kinda girl ;)

    *Amanda*
    www.thisismyrealhair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise to wear all the sleeves so you don't have to! ♥ Glad we're getting to know each other!!! ♥

      Delete
  3. Well, we might watch a football game this Sunday! My husband's a big fan of Seattle Seahawks, but San Diego Chargers are playing against Cleveland Browns here in our home court. I've never been to a football game before, so we might go! :D

    Jae of SCATTERBRAIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so fun! I hope you go and I hope you have a blast! Football games really are the best, especially when you know who you're rooting for!

      Delete
  4. YES to all of this. Umm especially that skinny buffalo chicken dip... Sounds sooo good! :)

    Sarah
    cunninghamlovestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, it's deeeeelicious. I have to force myself to stop eating it. haha

      Delete
  5. Should I be embarrassed that as I read this I have GG on in the background and picked up two new bottles (what, they were on sale!) of pumpkin spice creamer on the way home today? Probably not embarrassed, definitely proud of how much I'm winning at fall today ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm actually quite jealous of what you managed to accomplish here. ♥

      Delete
  6. Aw yes, fall in Starshollow. :) Really any season in Starshollow though, am I right? Winter with the firelight festival and lorelai's obsession with snow... lazy crazy hazy days of summer... :) :) I put up my fall bucket list last week, that will probably be the focus of my October... but also making December travel plans. :) I looooooove wearing sleeves. Is that weird?! I love fall/winter clothes, and layers... :) XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've basically done all of these, besides watch Gilmore Girls. Now I have my next day off planned !

    Anita :: www.theaveragegirlchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete