How the heck do you do it?



Friends!
I'm so pumped!! Today [or maybe yesterday actually], this little blog reached 50 followers! Hooray! Seeing as I blogged for a full year with less than 5 followers, this is a huge deal! Thank you, lovers, for making me feel special. :)

So while I've been "blogging" for a while, I'm actually pretty new at being an active member of blogland. Help a sister out! 

What makes a good Blog Citizen? 
Is it about link ups or hosting guest posts or commenting regularly or...? 
What are you hoping for when someone follows your blog? 
Do you have any tips or Best Practices for interacting in the blogosphere?

Thanks lovelies! I hope you are having fabulous Saturdays! 

xo
Sarah

ps. Fun Fact: There really is a site call blog-land. Who knew? 

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats love, I am your 51st follower:):)
    Your blog is adorable! Just blog for yourself and what you love and people will see that and want to be a part of your passion!

    Congrats again!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you! That's excellent advice. :) I'll be visiting your blog often because I really hope to live oceanside soon myself!

      Delete
  2. If you just want to write, that's all you have to do. But if you really want to be active in the community and spread and grow, reading other blogs that you like and commenting regularly is the way to go. Not fake comments when you didn't even read the post (as I'm sure you already know!).
    I'm actually not a huge fan of the idea of hosting link-ups and all that...while it may lead to 'followers" it doesn't lead to nearly that many readers. What I'm hoping for when someone follows my blog is that they'll come back again and again to read it and hopefully laugh at my random jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes a lot of sense! Thank you for weighing in. It's tough for me to find a balance between having a lot to say and finding people who are willing to listen to me say it. haha.

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. I think an active participant in blogland is just someone who reads and comments and interacts with other bloggers, which you're clearly doing that! Congrats on 50!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and weighing in! I figure being blog friends is a lot like being real friends and it helps to hear what other people think about it! :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your 50! Can't wait until I get there and I am reading all the advice everyone has given you :)

    ReplyDelete