Things You Won't Find Me Blogging About [Mostly]

I'd like to caveat this post to say there is nothing wrong with blogging about the things I'm about to list! On the other hand, I personally feel like 95% of the blogs I come across contain/focus on/beleaguer these things. And if you're new here, or you just stumbled across this blog or you are one of my very best friends in the world, I feel compelled to tell you that I will NOT be blogging about

{::} My Husband
Mostly because I don't have one. Eek. In traditional, Midwestern, Bible Belt USA, I am a failure at life. 25 years old. No husband. No children. No baked dish that I'm known for at all family gatherings. I DO have a Bachelors and [almost] a Masters degree. I've got a full time job. I went to Europe in May. I pay my bills on time.  [mostly] [which reminds me, I need to check something....] Odds are you'll catch me blogging about those things but definitely NOT my nonexistant husband or his adorable lunch date plans or the roses he just sent me at work or the baby we're in the process of making.

{::} My Kids
If you were paying attention right up there [↑↑] then you may have already guessed this one. No close up photos of chubby little cheeks and toes. No gooey messy breakfasts or awesome Halloween costumes I sewed for them or recipes for the treats I made for a 2nd grade class party. However, I DO have a cat. And you will find him all over this blog. #sorrynotsorry Being the old maid that I am, the cat was kind of essential. Fortunately, he's a little wild thing and entertaining as all get out and [I know what you're thinking] way more fun than any other cat you know. I can send a list of references of people who actually don't even like cats who are fans of my little Ralph-inator. 

{::} My Recipes
This is mostly because I don't actually have any of those either. I subscribe to eMeals and I occasionally post a pic or two of something that turned out really well but you WON'T find Sarah's Special BBQ Sauce recipe or a low-cal, low-sugar, high-a.c. cocktail with my logo on it. With everything else going on in life [nonexistent husband; kitty cat shenanigans; work; school; internship], I just don't feel like I have time!

{::} My Religion
This one is touchy, more so than the others I think. I grew up in a very faith-based environment. I went to school at a liberal college. I live an a very not-faith-based environment at the moment. All of that adds up to an exploration of spirituality, concepts like character, risk-taking, motivation, doing the right thing. So you'll see posts about that kind of stuff and you may or may not recognize elements of my faith or your faith in them, but I'm not going to beat you over the head with it and I'm probably not going to be posting scriptures [much].

{::} My Photography Business
Is it just me or is EVERYONE a photographer these days?? Maybe I'm just in the loop with a bunch of people who know each other or connected because they already were photographers but seriously. I feel like at least 1/2 of the blogs I've found have some elements of a Photography Business. I, however, do not. I find Instagram to be a perfectly adequate tool for framing, editing, using effects, and posting my photos. 
You can find my Instastream over there somewhere. → → →


:: HOWEVER ::

You will find me blogging about

{::} Weekend Shenanigans
{::} Boys, Relationships and/or The Lack Thereof
{::} Super Simple Craft Projects
{::} Books I'm Reading
{::} Clothes I Like and Wear A Lot
{::} Grad School [ugh. sorry. vent seshes mostly]
{::} The Dress Dare
{::} Quarter Life Crisis
{::} Traveling [though not often enough]
{::} Hot Male Actors [shamelessly, I might add]
{::} Music, Movies, and Other Entertainment 
{::} Following Your Dreams
{::} Adventure! [duh]

That's it, kiddos! My blog/life in a nutshell. If you're not totally offended by this post, I hope you'll stick around! If you were offended, my apologies! I really do think that blogging is about expression and you are free to express whatever the heck you want! I just thought I'd take a second to differentiate myself from what I've assessed as over-saturated blog markets. ;)

Now, get outta here and go do something important! Something daring! Something brave!

Ever Your A-Bit-Too-Blunt-On-Occasion Plucky Picaroon,
Sarah

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

8 comments:

  1. Sarah, I adore your blog. Truly, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, love both those lists. I love your blog and everything you post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha I always get these feelings like "is EVERYONE in the blogosphere super-religious, married and has a plethora of babies and time to bake for them?" Yargh! What a failure I am at 23 for not having a photography business and being married with loads of babies! Damn me and that masters degree! Thanks for sharing this and being in the "outsiders" bandwagon.

    :) loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photography one made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Thanks girls! So good to know we're not alone out there. :) Happy blogging!

    xo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now your newest follower because of this blog post! I found you via link-up Friday Letters and started snooping around. Love your honesty. What's funny is that I AM a photographer but I do not enjoy reading blogs about any of the 5 that you listed. I'm 29 living in Dallas (bottom edge of bible belt) and JUST now found a decent enough guy to settle down with. ha! So I've lived the pressures of finding someone and seen the annoying southern pressures that come with it. Anyway, ramblings aside. Love your blog and your honesty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well thank you! I'm glad you're here and I'll have to check out your blog. :)

      Delete
  7. This. is. awesome. And oh so accurate of my blog as well. Might just have to do a similar-ish post to this in the near future. ;) PS: Let's go to Europe together, kthx.

    ReplyDelete