#daydreaming

It really is a powerful thing.... /sigh

This morning, I've been daydreaming about renting a fully-furnished ocean-front condo for a few months when I graduate my Master's program in December. I've considered moving to the beach for an entire year [which is still totally a possibility] but I've been thinking about it and I think I had the wrong idea at first... 

You see, I could move to the beach in a small, cramped apartment [which is all I could afford]
find a crummy job that I worked only because it's close to the beach,
and barely scrimp by the entire time, basically spending my entire "year at the beach" working inside somewhere and coming home exhausted and hardly ever actually getting to enjoy the beach 

OR

I could use my savings to rent a luxurious, fully-furnished beach front condo for 3 - 6 months, 
apply to write for blogs/online journals/work with nonprofits online (websites, social media, press releases) which I could do from the beach or in the living room of this sweet, tricked out condo and
basically just 
live

it

up

for a few months, treating myself to a nice little extended vacation for all this hard work I've put in the last 3 years.



[or maybe this guy]



Seems fair, right?

Maybe I could even do a little soul searching and discover exactly what it is I want to be when I grow up??

I will never be more free than I am right now.
My responsibilities and obligations will only grow. And grow. And grow.

If I can swing it financially, it doesn't sound like bad work if I can get it.

Like I said..... #daydreams ... /sigh

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

3 comments:

  1. sweet baby jesus, can I come with?! Let's go all Eat, Pray, Love on everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be offended if you *didn't* join me!!
      And if we write a book and make millions out of all this?? Well, okay then. :)

      Delete
  2. Do it! And we'll all live vicariously through you. Sounds like the perfect Plucky Picaroon adventure to me!

    ReplyDelete