ENGAGED!!!












Two weeks ago, this handsome science teacher I know (who happens to have a beard), snuck around the apartment while I slept and filled the place up with vases of flowers. When I did wake up, it was to find Emily holding a McGriddle and grinning from ear-to-ear. My stomach started doing flip flops immediately. "Get dressed!" she said and off we went, and of course I wasn't to know where we were going. After grabbing a giant Starbucks, we found ourselves pulling into the lot at Jimmy's Nail Spa. GUYS. It was hilarious and fun and they did an amazing job! With newly fabulous nails, we jumped back in the car and Emily said that she didn't know what was going to happen next but I was supposed to head up to the food court at Circle Center Mall and look for someone I knew.

So, I was heading up the escalator - completely freaking out (!!) on the inside, when I saw Monica peering down at me from the food court. "We're here to get you an outfit that you might get your picture taken in," Monica explained. We tried on a few things, and then she asked me if I wanted a shot. Ummm, yes please. Feeling a bit more courageous after a fireball shot and a cider beer, we found the cutest earrings and shoes to go with my new dress! Monica just kept saying how she didn't want to spoil my appetite... so when we got in her car, she dropped me off outside Patachou and told me to look for someone I knew.

My sister! I choked down half of a BLT (my mouth was SO dry!) and we got an Uber back to my apartment. "Get ready!" was Hannah's instruction. So I got all gussied up, fixed my hair, and debated wearing mascara. Through the whole day, no one actually said out loud what we all knew was happening. It was surreal and felt sort of suspended, you know? Any way. Hannah and I took off walking toward Lockerbie and what do you know?? I saw my science guy, holding a red rose with petals strewn about around his feet.

I wish I could tell you verbatim what he said, but I honestly can't remember all of it. So much was happening, inside and out, and all I know is it was perfect. My cheek muscles were sore from all the smiling. Ahhhh. What a guy. And, obviously, I said yes! Basically, friends, he planned an entire day of pampering, only to be followed by a surprise engagement party with all of my closest family and friends. It was an INCREDIBLE day. I'm still a little bit in awe two weeks later. We're shooting for a wedding date of Labor Day weekend 2016, so bring on the count downs!! 


Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

22 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH!!!! YESSSSS! This is SUCH a fun engagement story. From the McGriddle to the fireball shot to the nails to the people you love all over the place!! SO PERFECT. I'm so happy for you guys. He did SUCH A GOOD JOB! Please tell the science guy that the blogworld is so very proud. :) LOVE YOU!!!! Congrats, lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lady!! It was pretty incredible and, well, perfect. He did good. :D Love you too!

      Delete
  2. Eeeee that's so exciting!! Congratulations you guys! It sounds like he put so much thought into all of it. :) The pictures are so cute!

    I specifically told KC that I did not want the whole pictures, people watching... sort of thing. It's just not me, but I think it's so fun for people who DO want it! :)

    Happy planning!! XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's so great that these guys are so open to what we want, right?? We've got good ones. :)

      Delete
  3. so not only was this the perfect story ever and he is AMAZING for knowing your nails need to look good for all the hand shots, but i legit just CRIED at my desk. im so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww. You're the sweetest! And - right?? I was quite surprised at how thoughtful he was to know what I needed to feel extremely gorgeous that day. Guess he pays more attention than I thought.. ♥

      Delete
  4. Hooray! Congratulations!! It sounds like he killed it in the engagement surprise department. I would LOVE such a scavenger hunt of surprises. So exciting and best of luck with the planning! We have 60 days left and it's starting to take a toll on me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And, OMG. Only 60 days??! That's soon. Keep your eye on the prize. And have fun!! :D

      Delete
  5. Aww I love your pictures and your engagement ring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lady! I'm so happy with what he picked out. It feels so special. ♥

      Delete
  6. I'm dead, y'all are so damn cute!!! Congratulations again, sweets!! He did amazing on that ring! Wishing you guys much happiness as you take on the road of planning your wedding <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He's already been like, "Wow. I didn't realize that after proposing, we'd hit the ground running with wedding planning!" I'm having a blast so far. haha

      Delete
  7. the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!! love this, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet day that was planned!!! I love the pictures, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that engagement ring, non-traditional is so my style! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Congratulations!! That must of been exciting. I would of cried like a little baby lol I been with my bf for 6 years and Im still waiting for my moment haha. Beautiful pictures btw <3

    xo, Sheila / ohshayshay.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful proposal! Congratulations and all my best wishes to you both! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete