Lent: A Celebration?

Last year was my first real experience with Lent, and I'm not sure how successful I was, but I did try.
This year, it really snuck up on me.
Since yesterday was the beginning, and I ranted on and on about my future, I think I've decided to carry on with that theme.
I know it is more traditional to "give up" something. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 39 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams
So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be!

Are you excited? I am!

Yesterday, I explored areas of interest as potential career paths after graduation.
So Day 1: Finding a job. This is actually a big dream/goal. How to follow up that one?


With time, patience, and a lot of coaching, I think I would really love to learn to cook.

Growing up, it was all potatoes, noodles, and chicken. Butter and salt. And it was delicious. But I'm also a bit lacking in the recipe department as a result of all those meat and potatoes.
I am considerably more comfortable cooking now than I've ever been before, but only if it comes out of a box.
A real recipe, though?
Dice my own veggies.
Mash my own potatoes.
Slice my own cheese.
Brown or sauté or crisp this or that.
Using spices from half way across the world.
To spend an entire afternoon preparing a whole meal from scratch.
A pie, maybe, or a roast, or an oriental salad. 
What an absolutely dreamy idea....

  
 
  

Are there any recipes you've ever considered but thought it would be too tough? 




Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment