A Needle Pulling Thread


Two years ago, I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas. 
Last July, I finally got it. 
Completed projects to-date = 2.

I dream of sitting down at the sewing machine and making something magical, though I would probably settle for something wearable. I've made an apron and a vest. One was a cut-along-the-lines project, and the other was freehand for my Woody Halloween Costume. 


 


I like to consider myself slightly crafty and I am dying to be a good sewer. I want to be comfortable enough with the machine to whip out pillows and scarves and other simple items with ease, to give as Christmas presents and birthday presents and wedding gifts.

I want to find cute, wispy, springy fabric and make curtains for the all the windows in my apartment.


My really big wish, though, is to sew myself a dress. One that stretches the length of my torso, and has sleeves that reach all the way out to my wrists, and a hem line long enough to cover my tush. 



   


You would think that, with models being tall and all, clothes would be easy enough come by in "tall girl" varieties. This, my little chickadees, is not the case. I've never owned a pair of well-fitting sweatpants that reached all the way down my legs to the floor (or even covered my ankles!).

S[ew]someday, I want to get into the fine art of DIYing my wardrobe.... and hopefully, eventually, someday even further down the road, I can make Easter dresses and Halloween costumes for my own little rugrats.

What skill do you wish you had time to foster? Or do you know of any "tall girl" supplies that could help a sister out? Let me know!
I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be!
40 Days of Dreams

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment