Off to the fair


Today, the state fair begins!! Maybe it's a midwestern thing, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the 4-H fair. Do they have those everywhere? Just in case they don't, this basically means that the fair is filled to the brim with baby sheep and suckling piglets, that patchwork quilts and 4 tier cakes compete for the top prize, and that a massive horse can poke his massive head out of a barn stable and blow a massive horsey sigh into your hair at any given time. And not to mention the food.... #nomnomnom I LOVE the fair. I always have. And this year, as you probably already know, I get to share all about it as an official member of the press. I'd really love to discuss this more, but there's a K9 agility show and some jousting that I just gotta go see. Bye! I'll save a bite of elephant ear for you!!



PS. Are you going to the fair this year?! Me too! I would sort of love it you tagged #PluckyReports on any Instagram pics or Tweets of fair-y goodness. Okay, I really gotta go now. BYE!

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

10 comments:

  1. Our fair is just in a few weeks... all the temptation of fried EVERYTHING :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Definitely not wearing skinny jeans this week. ;)

      Delete
  2. Excellent! I'll definitely be going at least once, so I'll be sure to include #PluckyReports!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the first years that our local 4-H fair is not happening and this absolutely breaks my heart. I grew up going to the fair, in fact I was in 4-H for 12 years. I am so glad that you are able to go enjoy your local fair! Have enough fun for the both of us ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sad day. :( That's cool that you were in 4-H! I'll definitely do my best to enjoy all the things!

      Delete
  4. hehe have fun! I grew up in a 4H club, so we did that. But it wasn't ever my thing. I would love to go to state fairs though. :) Hope you had a blast! XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! I was never in 4-H but I really love seeing all the animals and projects, but I mostly go to the fair for the food. ;)

      Delete