Jingle Jingle Jangle

How cool would it be to be in a band?
I've been growing my hair out for months (because everyone knows girls in bands have really long, awesome hair).
Never mind the fact that my instrumental skills are the extent of 7th and 8th Grade Beginning Band - Clarinet.
I was an Alto for a while in high school and college choir, but nothing to brag about in the solo department.
But I would really really love to be in a band! 
To take our show on the road, write angsty lyrics and love ballads and hop around on stage while people cheered us on.... /le sigh
I've been saying for ages that I'll take up the tambourine. 
Firstly, I need to invest in an instrument. I never realized tambourinists had so many options! 

  

Secondly, I need to take lessons.
Finally, I need to audition... Sadly, no links for that.


So there you have it!

Someday, I dream of standing at the back of the stage with my long hair flowing while keeping the beat to one of our biggest hits as cheering fans sing along.

Do you play an instrument? Are you in a band? Do they need a tambourine player?

I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be! 

40 Days of Dreams 


Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment