These Ankles are Nice and Toasty

I'm so excited! I, for the first time in years, have actually finished a crochet project for myself! 
I would like to thank all of my wonderful friends for taking a break from getting hitched and reproducing so that I had the time to do this one!


I was initally inspired by these, which I discovered on one of my very first excursion into the world of Pinterest. I picked up some $1 GALA yarn at Big Lots and got down to business.

Supplies

1.76oz skeins - 5

Hook size - "J-10"
Buttons - I had a random collection from some previous project
Needle and thread
Straight pins

Pattern  (Make 2)

{::}Ch. 61. -- This is the height of the leg warmer, so measure to your own project.

Row 1: SC in 2nd chain from hook and repeat to the end of the row. Turn.
Row 2: Ch 1. HDC in the back loop only of first 10 stitches, HDC in both loops in the next 40 stitches, then finish row with 10 HDCs in back loops only. Turn. -- This is what gives the ribbed edging at each end. 
Repeat Row 2 until desired width is reached. Bind off.

{::}Fold completed piece into thirds (measure it around your own leg if it's for you). Pin it in place with straight pins. 

{::}Sew up the seam. 


{::}Sew buttons on at desired intervals or create your own pattern! 


{::}Tie and bind everything off. Voila! 


Leg warmers!


So simple, and so cute (if I do say so myself). 
Perfect for those breezy mornings aboard the ship. Happy Crafting, my plucky piquettes!

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment