Like a Hand Out the Window in the Wind

You know what time it is?? Recap time! Woohoo! Yay! Hip hip hooray!
...
Okay. That's enough.

This week has been [fortunately] a bit slower than the last few.
I finally found my way back into the gym. Let me tell you, it's very very unimpressive, my amount of fitness. I rocked 20 lbs all over those weight machines. The men benching my body weight and completing 400 crunches were surely impressed [slash] are now aware of how easy it would be to mug me since I clearly couldn't fight them off.
Anyway, "To try to be better is to be better," right?
Let's keep swinging away at that one.


{::}

Now, this I'm very excited about! I'm knitting! I finally found some bulky yarn and gigantic needles and, I have to tell you, it's quite a bit easier [and more relaxing] this way! New baby boy cousin should have a precious little man blanky by the time he arrives! So excited [and of course I'll post the pattern].



{::}

Friday evening, Chelsey invited me over to have a cookout. Turns out she's never actually had  a cookout before. She's attended them, sure, but she had no idea how to fire up the grill, steady the table umbrella, cook the brats, etc. etc. So, I got my man-pants [figuratively] on and handled the situation. I hadn't personally cooked brats on a grill before either but they turned out well! And neither of us threw up, so I guess I cooked them all the way. I was a bit afraid of the potential for food poisoning.

Now, as usually happens when Chelsey and I get together for a "low key night," we ended up in Broad Ripple until 3 am. Yikes! Work on Saturday morning was painful but it worked. Here are a few pics of our BRipp advenutres!

Chelsey.... being Chelsey. ♥
I am not a hat wearer, generally speaking, but
 Chelsey didn't feel like her new one went with her outfit 
so I sported it for the evening. Lots of compliments! 
Maybe I'll become more of a hat wearer in the future....

{::}




By Saturday night, I was completely done. Exhausted. Worthless. My little neighbor girls asked me sit out on the step with them and I refused because I needed a nap. That's how you know this was a serious need. I love those little munchkins! I took a three hour nap after work, woke up to watch some LOST and paint my toes, and then went back to bed. Glorious.



{::}

Church this morning was fabulous! As was "breakfast" at Cracker Barrel at 4pm. Ha! I'll take biscuits and gravy any time. You know me. Afterwards, I hit up Goodwill. Did you know they have even more savings on Sundays? Amazeballs. I found 2 new additions to add to my Dress Dare wardrobe! I am so incredibly pumped for the Dress Dare. I'm not quite sure how I want to play it yet, but keep an eye out for mentions of it because it's getting pretty exciting up in here!
For $5 a piece, you can't go wrong!
ps. POCKETS! :)

{::}

I finally got my life together [read: organized my bedroom] since the old TV ended up in there. Today, I put together a hat rack, a TV stand, and hooked up the necessary A/V equipment. I sorted through old cords and found the plug-in for my iPod holder/alarm clock! I have a feeling it will be A LOT easier to wake up in the morning with Nikki Minaj "Super Bass"-ing me into to awareness. I feel accomplished after this day. Quite a bit done, actually.


{::}

So, there you have it friends, my week in a nutshell. The incorporation of a smartypants phone has really made this a lot easier, I must say.

Tomorrow, I'm having dinner with the long-lost-Lindsey! And Tuesday, I'm taking some much needed PTO to go hang with the fam in BC. /ahhhh

Unrelated Side Note:
The amount of time I spend coming up with the perfect post title sometimes is slightly ludicrous. For example, this post has been nameless for the last 15 minutes and I'm still drawing a blank. Ugh. I'm sure it will ultimately be clever, obscure, and classicly piquette-y.

Goodnight, kittens! Hope all had a fabulous first few days of Summer! Keep plugging along. Keep chugging water [this heat is ridiculous, if slightly fabulous for those with a beachy constitution].

Ever and Always Yours,
Sarah

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment