Meet the Press


Today is a really, really, really exciting today. Today I get to share with you that your favorite local blogger has *press credentials* -- what?! I’m still reeling a bit. Basically, thanks to The Nectar Collective’s tips about building your blog media kit, I created a kit and shared it with a few of our local venues and event managers to see what opportunities might be out there. As a result, your very own Plucky in Love will be covering the Indiana State Fair, parking in the press section, and working with her press credentialed photographer to report on all the goodness that is the state fair right here on this blog. I’m thinking the giant hamburger with donuts for buns would make a great opener, don’t you? I’m chatting with a few others about covering local events in the next couple of months, so keep your eyes peeled for any #PluckyReports posts and maybe, just maybe, we can convince the powers-that-be to keep letting me do this. Cheers to new adventures!

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

14 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats! I know I'll definitely be attending the fair...if to only eat that burger you mentioned. Sorry not sorry. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you've gotta try it! Absolutely nothing to be sorry about. ;)

      Delete
  2. YAY!!! Congratulations!! I totally emailed that link to myself so I could make my own media kit the other day and NOW IT'S SO HAPPENING! You're a BOSS! So happy for you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU. I'm really excited! I actually followed NC's tips but built it in Canva and I'm sort of in love with my kit. I hope you make one!

      Delete
  3. Congrats!! This is so exciting. Enjoy that donut hamburger! I'm not sure how I feel about that but maybe I would like 1 bite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't actually had this sandwich but I've heard good things. Have you ever been to Indiana? We're sort of known for the heartattack foods, the more deepfried the better. haha #ClaimToFame

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!! Very exciting. Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I'm super excited and also very nervous.

      Delete
  5. That is seriously so awesome -- congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm really looking forward to it and I can't believe it took me this long to make a media kit!!

      Delete