Do These Things On Your Lunch Break for a Kick Ass Monday!


So, it's Monday. Let's make this Monday kick-ass, shall we? The web is infinite, or so it feels, but our lunch breaks are not. I've pulled together a list of things you sorta need to click today. I mean it --honest-to-goodness stuff you NEED TO DO today. Now, get started. You have 60 minutes.

 Visit the Newsroom
As I mentioned last week, I only recently discovered that an Amazon Prime subscription comes with free streaming of The Newsroom. If you are a Prime Member, just go ahead and bookmark those seasons. Not a Prime Member? I'm not a life coach, but a 30 day free trial just to catch up on all things Will McAvoy is probably not remiss.
Time: 10 minutes

 Turn an old smartphone into a home security system
This really makes me wish I hadn't cracked every screen and dunked my Note II in the potty. Technology is seriously cool. Check out this Kickstarter of the Week for more details!
Time: 10 minutes

 Add a "Back to Top" button to your blog
I love Sarah's  Saturday Blog Sessions and this is one that really stands out -- a sleek user nav optimization piece in the form a harmless Back to Top button. Are you a Blogger blogger? Here's how.
Time: 15 minutes

 Drop Spotify like a hot rock
I know. I know. EVERYONE loves Spotify. I just never have. It's clunky and invasive and is really out there with what people on your friends list have been listening to. I have no way to convince you that it's terrible (except T Swift isn't on board. need I say more??), but this might change your tune. ← get it?!
Time: 8 minutes

 Bust out the hand santizer...and remote sanitizer
As a frequent traveler, I'm sometimes intentionally naive to how the world works. Take this Lifehacker article about the germiest surfaces in hotel rooms, for example. I could have done a lot more traveling without ever knowing these things. EWW. I guess we should all add this to our list of Trip Advisor, Kayak, and Groupon travel research, eh?
Time: 5 minutes

 Warm your heart & pay it forward
Have you seen this story about the Starbucks employee who dances while he works? It's incredibly uplifting, and that seems important in this day and age. Grab a tissue and press Play.
Time: 10 minutes

 Install the Cartwheel App
Is your life basically a series of #targetdoesitagain moments? If so, you're likely already an avid Carthwheel user. If not -- why not?! I unlocked 3 badges this weekend. THREE! And saved $16 on my groceries, which was something like 20% off. Booyah!
Time: 2 minutes

Cheers to Monday! And making the best of it! Have more kick-ass links to share? Hook me up in the comments below.



But, really. A HUGE thank you for the lovely humans who signed up for the Weekly Digest! You're amazeballs! In case you missed it, get in here for plucky updates and (most importantly) FREE STUFF. Are you in?

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

4 comments: