Since the First Time I Saw Belle Uncover Her Eyes...

Let's talk about books, ba-by. Let's about li-brar-ies.

Okay, sad attempt at reworking Salt 'N' Pepa's classic. My apologies.
Anyway, in case you haven't noticed, I am a huge book nerd. It's been a lifelong love affair, and I see no indication that our trysts and ravishings should ever come to an end. 
And someday, I plan to have my own library
In my house.  With rich, oak furniture and comfortable settees and big bay windows that catch the last of the evening light.
And books.
Rows and rows and rows of books. Shelves built into the walls, the windowsills, the furniture. Old books. New books. Textbooks. All there in my own library, ready to be re-enjoyed or devoured for the first time or loaned to a dear friend. 
I'm not a snob. These don't have to be old books, or classics even (though I plan to have plenty of those as well). 
No, the only qualifying factor is that they are mine, in my library. 

Dreams hardly get much wilder and crazier than that, in my opinion. 


"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
-- Cicero


Will you have a library someday too? Or do you have other plans? Maybe a Mancave? Or a Sewing Room? Or a Home Theater? I'd love to hear about it so I know I'm not the only crazy dreamer out there!
I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be! 
40 Days of Dreams 

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment