[Net]Work It

I am not one for smutty magazines.
I am really not one for trash tv.
I did, however, catch an episode of Sex and the City [which you may or may not qualify as trash tv. I trust your judgment] that introduced me to this next dream in the sequence:
I want to throw a singles party.


The rules are simple.
Invite a bunch of single friends of the same sexual orientation (i.e. mine will be hetero).
Each guest brings one of their single friends of the opposite sex.
Presto.

Everyone is single. Equal number of guys and girls. Good food. Good times. 
Easy as pie.

I, unfortunately, kept getting myself tangled up in romantic encounters and have not had the opportunity to make such a thing happen.... until now! The warm weather and singleness of summer are all showing positive signs of this mixer happening soon. I'm not even that concerned with meeting someone so much as pulling it all off. 
It's a feather in the cap of any hostess in this day and age.

Single friends, be prepared to get a cute little [snail mail] invitation when summer roles around. And you better play along! I promise it won't hurt...
unless you hate flirting, smiling, eating, swimming, dancing, playing board games, and meeting new people. If that's the case, you'd probably hate it.
I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be! 
40 Days of Dreams 

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment