[snap] [click] [flash]

When grad school is said and done, and I have a bit more of that Free Time I've been whining about, I want to learn a thing or two about photography and web design.
Nothing crazy. A workshop or two to teach some basics about lighting, framing, and focusing.
As to the web stuff, I'm interested in simple techniques, Dos and Dont's, and some How Tos. I'm not sure that I see a career as a photographer or web designer, but these are two enjoyable activities that I would love to know more about. Learning a few professional techniques could benefit me in the future wherever I end up, privately or professionally.
The web is obviously the way of the future, and our society has an obsession with documentation. I guess you could say I'm caught up in the frenzy.
 I don't just want to do it, though. I want to do it well.

Something like this, maybe, for the photo portion...

 


and perhaps something like this for the web portion.

I play around with this stuff now, and as a civilian, I feel pretty confident in my abilities. I would love to build on these hobbies to create something techniqued and really cool.

That being said, I'll need to start building up a portfolio. Can I take your picture? 

I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be! 

40 Days of Dreams 


*Funny, but in naming this post, I realized all of those terms relate to both Photography and the Web! Clever.

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment