Getting Some [lights] [camera] Action

   My last semester in undergrad, everyone at school kept asking me what I wanted to do with a [worthless] history degree since I had no plans of becoming a teacher. Apparently, that's all you're good for as an accredited historian, and no one could be convinced otherwise. 
   So naturally, I rebelled and decided to "show them" that I had options, tons of them in fact. One of the coolest jobs I found available to those who prefer to spend their days elbows-deep in musty old tomes, breathing in the experiences, joys, and sorrows of those who have come before us... Sorry, I digress (it's a historian thing, I'm afraid). Anyway, I was surprised and enthralled to find that a historian could serve as a researcher on a film set!
   When they make movies about anything that happened before yesterday, someone has to be around to help them make sure they have the right clothing styles, mannerisms, social customs, vocabulary, maps of the city, political references, etc. How cool would that be?! 
   As a lover of historical fiction, of the film or print variety, I think it would just be the cat's meow to do such a thing for a living. 
   It doesn't hurt that I would potentially spend my days around handsome actors in cravats and breeches. My mouth is watering just thinking about. 
   Face to face with our modern interpretation of the Mr. Darcy's of the world. And since I'm an expert historian and all, I'm certain I would have to be on hand to be sure he puts all of those layers on properly, starting with the pantaloons. 
Just to be thorough and ensure an accurate representation of the period, of course. 


   

I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be! 

40 Days of Dreams 


Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment