Class is in Session

Lately, I've been perusing a lot of blogs and sites about fashion and decor and all that good stuff (thank you, Pinterest). It may be a "chicken and the egg" argument, but I'm excited to see that things I have always liked are suddenly cool and in-style. Bright colors, simple yet bold patterns, and vintage flair. And dresses. My oh my, the dresses. 
For a while now, I've been in love with the class, poise, charm, and style of some of America's sweethearts - Jackie O., Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Mae West. 
I would love to have more in my closet, in my apartment, on my computer, and at my desk that represent these dazzling dames.

I would love for my wardrobe to reflect their style, with perhaps a modern twist. More importantly, I want to learn how to present myself in the exact light that I want to be seen. How to keep my mouth shut when I need to, react graciously in moments of duress, engage in conversations that aren't mostly grumbles and gripes about the hassles of life, and look fly all day, every day.

Mostly, I dream of pairing sass and class. Gorgeous, iconic, intelligent, talented, strong, feminine women. Wouldn't it be cool to be a part of that club?

Jackie O. 


"I am a woman above everything else."




Audrey Hepburn

"If I'm honest with you I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all."

 


Grace Kelly

"As an unmarried women, I was thought to be a danger."

 


Mae West

"A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up."

 

Someday, I hope to "learn the ropes" for myself and find whatever it is that allows these women to endure as classics. Who do you look up to? And why? 
I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be! 
40 Days of Dreams 



Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment