Zombies

Maybe it is a History geek thing.
Maybe it is a Heritage thing.
Maybe it is simply a Human thing, 
but I have a desperate desire to know exactly where I come from.
I want to trace my family all the way back and back and back to the beginning of time.
I wonder who is running around on the planet right now who has Alexander the Great's blood running through their veins? Or is kin to the President? Or Mother Theresa? [though not a decedent with that one, obviously]
Do we have ancestors who were in slavery? Or who sent a wayward son away on the Titanic? Is there any royalty back there? I mean, there is a Matlock, England.
[which apparently looks like this and must be visited a.s.a.p.]
Do I have some long lost, long dead uncle who once upon a time conquered this place and called it Matlock in his honor? Most likely, the Matlocks were a bunch of farmers and seamstresses and shoemakers who worked hard all their lives, with only a record in a family Bible somewhere to show for it. But they lived! Who were they? 
Sadly, temporarily, I must tell you -- I do not know!
But I will.
Bring it on, Ancestry.com! Thanks for the tools that let us trace our roots back and back and back.... 
If I should find that Matlock, UK is actually not mine -- well, I'll just have to find a non-related Mr. Matlock out there and unite the bloodline! 
[yikes. that just got positively medieval, didn't it?] 
Alright alright. 
I'll cut the theatrics. I never claimed that I don't get carried away sometimes, only that I'll own up to it when it does happen.
Honestly, I think it would be a real pleasure to trace back the roots of our family, making discoveries and connections along the way. And I aim to bring them [metaphorically speaking] back to life!*
Do you have any royal, celebrity, or historic connections in your family tree?

I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be! 
40 Days of Dreams 



*Hence, the title of this post.

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment