Discovery Channel

I was told recently (in so many words) that it's pretty obvious that I love myself a lot.
Intended as a compliment or no, I chose to take it to mean my confidence, self-worth, and belief in my abilities are evident. Those seem like a pretty good qualities to me, but hey -- what do I know?
As a kid, I was certain I could find dinosaur bones in our backyard if I just dug deep enough. Or piece together relics from a lost Indian tribe I was sure to find in the creek if I looked hard enough. Maybe identify a new insect species if I just collected enough bug carcasses.
Admittedly, I am unable to claim any of the above.
But I believed. And I still do.


Image Source
When you have a desire to discover something, you have to believe first and foremost that you can. At least, that seems like a good first step.

I won't lie. Part of the thrill of it would be the attention such a discovery would attract. To have something important to say so that people actually listen. But there are other rewards, like hard work paying off. Being a part of something bigger. Enlisting others in your search and discovery. Going down in history [however small that role might be].
Call it curiosity
A need to be the center of attention. 
A search for validation. 
Whatever it is, I have deep-rooted desire to be the discoverer of something important and worthwhile.... and I believe I can [and will] do it.
What, though, might it be?

I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be! 
40 Days of Dreams 

Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment