After School Special


I can't wait to be done with school!
I am one of those dweeby kids who cried if she didn't get the perfect attendance award in elementary school. I did academic super bowl and spell bowl. [I was even on a Mathletes team in Jr. High...]
I have always loved to learn. When I found History as a major in undergrad, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Read a whole lot and then write about it?! 
Right.up.my.alley.
I was a little less gung-ho with the Event Planning certificate, but it was all online and not terribly consuming. 
When I decided to pursue my Masters I thought, 
"No big deal. You've been in school since you were 5. You've got this."

Newsflash Sarah-from-a-year-ago, 
when you finish this program, you will have been in school for twenty years straight.

Take.a.break.

I demand it.

Get up and go to work in the morning. Pack a lunch, use the company gym, and drink company coffee. When your work day is finished, go home.
Read a book.
Join a club.
Knit something.
Train your cat.
Clean your house.
Go on a date.
Make dinner.
Sort your closet.
Take a walk.
Do whatever the heck you want.
And stop it with this school nonsense.
If, at any time in the 24 months following graduation you feel the urge to take another class, resist. Have some willpower. Suck.it.up.

I know it is more traditional to "give up" something during Lent. I guess you could say I'll be "giving up" reality for just a little bit. The next 40 days (and posts) are dedicated to dreams. 
So we're giving up limitations, fear, uncertainty.... and allowing ourselves to dream no matter how wild or crazy or out-of-this-world that dream might be! 
40 Days of Dreams 

Day 20: Learn a new language.
Day 21: Make a difference.
Day 22: Trace my ancestry.
Day 23: Go Greek.
Day 24: Discover something.
Day 25: Visit Ireland.
Day 26: Throw a singles party.
Day 27: Go ghost hunting.
Day 28: Learn to ballroom dance.
Day 29: Get a professional massage.
Day 30: Go back in time.
Day 31: Satisfy my sweet tooth.
Day 32: Take a cruise.
Day 33: Conduct an interview.
Day 34: Attend an awards show.
Day 35: Finish school (for a while).



Sarah :: Plucky in Love

Sarah, aka "Plucky", blogs on the reg, unless she's on vacation or there's a Pretty Little Liars marathon or she's mulling over the implications of the phrase "on fleek." She can't live without iced coffee, a portable phone charger, or equal pay. Say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment